Happy New Year 2018!
On the precipice of the New Year what are plans or dreams for 2018? Anything exciting or new? Or do you use it reflect on the year that was?
I posted a list of “resolutions” recently from Tut.com.au which I believe are honourable and real. We have enough pressures and “forbiddens”, “small doses” or “only on Sundays” in our life; let’s not place even more restrictions on it – unless that’s the way you work.
Here are the 3 tasks for 2018 as per TUT.
* Give thanks that your life is exactly as it is.
* Decide that 2018 will be the happiest year of your life so far.
* Every day follow your heart and instincts down new paths.
These words of wisdom resonate with me and maybe do for you too.
My mum has a cross-stitch which she made and it says “It is perhaps a more fortunate destiny to be born with a love of collecting shells than to be born a millionaire ”. I love it – it’s real.
I have spent the past few days in hospital – nothing major – just an old diverticulitis problem resurfaced – and it has given me time to:
*reflect on life from my sub-penthouse (I was in the penthouse for the first night after admission but was demoted):
*analyse the reasons I am back in here (usually from internal pressure) and
*what choices I need to make to ensure we all (the boys and I) continue to move forward in the year ahead.
The Sub Penthouse
As I come into 2018 I feel for the first time in a very very long time, that I am entering a year with purpose rather than just “getting by”.
Things will happen but our preparation is solid so if we hit some turbulence on the way we can manage it. My highlights are:
*No more school fees! It’s done! Thanks to the amazing school and some timely family help we have done it!
* Both boys have Uni Placements and are enjoying Gap Years (one on his third….. going to have to explain the terminology to that one).
* This also means no massive meal prep or exams or worrying about OP’s or applying for Uni’s or getting L’s, P’s, Passports, Bank Accounts, TFN’s, RSA’s, or ensuring they have a cooked brekkie before school, no more school sport, uniforms, club sport – IT’S DONE! YAH!
* I have a fabulous job which I thrive on and great colleagues which continues into 2018.
* Enrolment is completed for my next two subjects for Uni for first Semester.
* Both my man children are earning money- at the same job! to support their exorbitant food and sporting costs…..almost.
* We have decided to stay in our rental house for another 12 months so this means no moving, packing, yelling or separation anxiety just yet and a fortune saved in moving expenses. We have moved 5 times in 5 years through necessity and it is debilitating mentally, physically and financially.
* I don’t have to give up drinking as I’ve done that already so no massive regrets and “omg” moments on the 1st January (how boring). The main photo is from a 5 hour “water crawl” with a girlfriend over the Christmas Break.
* I have learnt all about bliss balls, raw foods and açai bowls so I can ramp them up again in 2018. I have put weight back on which is disappointing but each habit you lose you replace – unfortunately I gained an addiction to Mint Slice Ice Creams – groan – (have you tried those things?) when I stopped the wine. And I must not succumb to the new “Gaytime Sanger”- the advert popped up while I was playing solitaire in hospital on fluids only….cruel.
* And I already have a gym membership plus a pool nearby so that will rollover.
Maybe you didn’t get to complete all your plans in 2017 but it’s not a race. Some resolutions like travel, love, fitness, more money, new job etc can take time and require a big shove from the Universe.
So, that’s my life as I know it to end the 2017. I really truly hope you have had a wonderful 2017. If not, and many have had a shocker, I hope 2018 shows you some new beginnings and a way to clean the slate or move through it.
Happy New Year!